1. The competition is organized by Klub Żak - a municipal cultural institution with its seat in Gdańsk, address: 195/197 al. Grunwaldzka, 80-266 Gdańsk, NIP: PL 5830004739, Register of Cultural Institutions of the City of Gdańsk entry: 5/98.
2. Basic schedule of the competition:
a. announcement of the present edition of the competition: 18.01.2022
b. application deadline: February 28, 2022; 4 p.m. Warsaw time
c. announcement of the results of the competition: March 20, 2022;
d. coaching period with Hannes Langolf: 2. – 14 May, 2022, with Susanna Leinonen – 18-31 July 2022; the coaching dates may change within a given month;
e. the dates of the premiere shows are scheduled after the coaching periods: residency with Hannes Langolf - 15/05/2022, with Susanna Leinonen - 31/07/2022.
Conditions for participation in the Competition
1. Competition applications may be submitted by persons:
a. residing in the territory of the Republic of Poland from at least 01/01/2021,
b. dancers living outside the territory of the Republic of Poland, who presented their performances as a part of the Solo Dance Contest within the Gdańsk Dance Festival between 2016 and 2021.
2. Participants of the competition must be adult persons, being:
a. graduates or final year students of public and private art, theater and ballet schools:
b. graduates of at least two-year art colleges with specialization: actor-dancer;
c. dancers of contemporary dance theaters having participated in at least two dance productions (participation in a full-scale dance theater performance in the field of Contemporary dance / Contemporary ballet, no shorter than 40 minutes)
3. Participants, involved in a given project, should have experience in cooperation within common dance theater productions in the field of Contemporary dance / Contemporary ballet, realized in the period from 01/09/2019 to 27/02/2022.
4. Basic requirements for submitted projects:
a. Only new, original projects which will be premiered within the Gdańsk Dance Festival may be submitted to the competition;
b. the form of the planned performance should be a duo or a performance involving more than two dancers, in which contemporary dance / contemporary ballet is the dominant form of expression;
c. the length of the planned duo should not be longer than 40 minutes, the length of a performance involving more than two dancers should not be longer than 60 minutes; d. the technical requirements of the planned projects must be adapted to the technical capabilities and equipment of Klub Żak (described in Annex 1 to these Regulations)
Submission of the applications
1. The application should be completed in Polish or English on the website www.gdanskifestiwaltanca.pl, by 28/02/2022, by 16.00 (the date and time of receipt of the application counts);
2. Required attachments:
a. a legible scan of the statement (Annex 2 to these Regulations) signed by hand by the applying dancer and other dancers of the project;
b. links to websites or scans of promotional materials confirming the cooperation of the dancers with regard to the requirements of §2, point 3);
c. legible scans of diplomas, promotional materials or links to websites confirming the status of dancers regarding the requirements of §2, point 2.
d. PDF file of valid EU Covid Certificate documenting vaccination or convalescent status.
3. Applications submitted after the required deadline, not meeting the requirements set out in § 2 and in §3 points 1, 2 and 4 and containing formal defects, where formal defects are: lack of
required attachments, incorrectly completed application form and lack of signatures, will not be considered.
4. Questions in Polish or English regarding the conditions of participation in the Competition should be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses to individual cases will be sent by e-mail to the address of the inquirer, and explanations regarding general matters, comments to the regulations will be published at www.facebook.com/GdanskiFestiwalTanca.
5. Adjudication of the competition:
a. projects submitted to the competition will be evaluated by a three-person committee, the composition and regulations of which are determined by the Klub Żak Director;
b. the results of the competition, after approval by the Klub Żak Director, will be announced at gdanskifestiwaltanca.pl and facebook.com/gdanskifestiwaltanca. The published results of the competition will only contain information about the selected projects of the competition finalists.
1. The competition provides funds for duo performances - PLN 6,000 gross and PLN 10,000 to 20,000 gross for performances involving more than two dancers; 1/3 of the awarded amount may be paid in advance after signing the contract, and the rest of the amount - after the project is completed. The Organizer of the competition provides the contracts signing not earlier than on the first day of the scheduled coaching. Detailed rules will be specified in the contract signed between the Organizer and the Participant.
2. Coaching, referred to in §1 of these regulations, will consist of 1/3 of contemporary dance lessons and 2/3 of work on movement, drama, stage space and directing the show.
3. The organizer will guarantee:
a. rehearsal space for coaching with the music player but without lighting, multimedia projectors or sound system;
b. 2 days of general rehearsals on the stage with technical equipment available in the Klub Żak (Appendix 1) and with technical service (lighting technician and acoustics - 8h a day);
c. for participants, except Tri-City residents, reimbursement of travel costs (1 arrival and 1 departure) by bus or 2nd class PKP in Poland or up to EUR 150 reimbursement of travel costs from abroad, based on original tickets;
d. accommodation in hostels during the compulsory coaching period referred to in §1 of these regulations to the competition finalists being non-residents of Tri-City.
4. The organizer does not bear the costs of:
a. accommodation, transport or fees of persons who are not stage performers of the project - musicians, lighting technicians, set designers or costume designers;
b. transport of scenery elements or stage design elements;
c. feeding the participants of the competition;
d. purchase of materials and items constituting elements of the scenery or costumes;
e. local transportation.
5. Finalists' obligations:
a. Finalists are required to prepare costumes, scenery, music, visualizations and other materials needed to stage the performance before the coaching date referred to in §1 of these regulations;
b. Competition finalists coming from outside the Schengen area or not having a residence in the Schengen area are required to present a visa authorizing them to undertake artistic activities;
c. changing the cast of a performance involving more than two dancers is possible only in the event of force majeure (i.e. illness or injury documented by sick leave), while the change in the cast of a performance involving more than two dancers cannot exceed 1/3 of the original cast (dancers) ;
d. Finalists are required to include in the promotional materials of the performance realized as part of the competition information about its performance in the Klub Żak (date, place), mention its being a part of 14th Gdańsk Dance Festival (full name) and the website address of the Klub (www.klubzak.com. pl). In the absence of this information, Finalists will not be able to participate in competitions, projects and programs of the Klub Żak in the next calendar year;
e. Finalists are obliged to enable production of photographic documentation of the performance during the general rehearsals by a photographer appointed by the Organizer;
f. Finalists are required to conduct a dress rehearsal (full-scale rehearsal of the entire performance, in costumes and with scenery and stage props) on the agreed day of the residence before the premiere, and allow the photographer, appointed by the Organizer, to take photos to promote the performance.
g. Finalists give their consent and unlimited license for the photographic recording of the image and the course of the dress rehearsal and premiere itself, as well as for the publication of photos, storing and copying them by using technically available methods for informational, promotional or other purposes in accordance with the statutory activities of the Klub Żak, including publications on Klub Żak’s social media pages or on its website, where they will be made publicly available in such a way that everyone can have access to them in a place and time chosen by them.
h. For Contractors who do not show up for coaching on a given day, the fee will be reduced by the daily amount per person (except for absence resulting from an illness documented by a sick leave or a serious accident).
6. The finalists of the competition retain full copyrights on the performance and on decision making on it after the premiere show at the Klub Żak.
7. Further details of the project realization and mutual obligations will be agreed in the form of a written agreement concluded between the dancers and the Klub Żak after the announcement of the competition results.
8. Conditions for withdrawal from the project realization:
a. if, after the announcement of the competition results, the dancer withdraws from participation in the project, the Organizer may propose to realize the project on the terms of the Competition to the next applicant, whose project received the highest number of points;
b. if the project does not come to realization due to the fault of its participant or the participant fails to appear for the compulsory coaching referred to in §1 of these regulations, he/she will not be able to participate in competitions, projects and programs of the Żak Club in the following calendar year;
c. if the project does not come to realization as a result of force majeure (an unforeseeable external event that neither of the Parties could prevent) or other circumstances completely beyond the control of either Party (in particular, force majeure is the participant's illness documented by a medical certificate) none of the The parties will not be liable to the other party.
1. Sending the competition application is tantamount to the applicant accepting the terms and conditions of the Competition and these regulations.
2. Registration - application to participate in the Competition is tantamount to consent to the processing of the participant's personal data for the purposes of organizing and conducting the Competition and the project. Appropriate consent along with exercising the right to obtain information is included in the application form and on the Organiser's website.
3. The administrator of personal data is the Organizer, who undertakes to apply technical and organizational measures to ensure data protection in the processing of personal data of the Competition participants in accordance with the standards contained in the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 in on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter: "GDPR"), the Personal Data Protection Act and other provisions of national law.
4. The participant of the Competition has the right to access their data and the right to rectify, delete, limit processing, the right to transfer data, the right to object, the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out on on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
5. Submitting the application constitutes consent to processing the participant's personal data for the purposes of considering the applicant for the Competition and realization of the Competition and the project.
6. The personal data collected by the Organizer will be kept and processed only for the purposes of the Competition.
7. Each Participant has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (the President of the Personal Data Protection Office), if he considers that the processing of his/her personal data violates the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016.
7. Providing personal data by the participant is voluntary, however, the lack of consent to their processing for the indicated purpose results in the inability to participate in the Competition.
8. The Organizer reserves the right to publish the name, surname, image and information about the participant and to include this information in the Organizer's information and advertising materials, including the Organizer's publications and on the websites or information profiles maintained by them.
9. In all matters not mentioned in the regulations, decisions are made by the Organizer's Director.
10. The organizer is not responsible for the consequences of providing incorrect data in the submitted applications.
11. The organizer reserves the right to change the regulations during the competition and undertakes to immediately publish the amended regulations in the places where they previously published the regulations of the competition.
12. Providing personal data by the participant is voluntary, however, the lack of consent to their processing for the indicated purpose results in the inability to participate in the Competition.
13. The Organizer reserves the right to change the rules of the Competition, end or discontinue the Competition at any time without giving reasons for it.